Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thank-You, Jesus!

Wednesday of the Thirty-Second Week in Ordinary Time

Gospel of Luke 17:11-19


As Jesus continued his journey to Jerusalem,he traveled through Samaria and Galilee.As he was entering a village, ten lepers met him.They stood at a distance from him and raised their voice, saying,    “Jesus, Master! Have pity on us!”And when he saw them, he said,“Go show yourselves to the priests.”As they were going they were cleansed. And one of them, realizing he had been healed,returned, glorifying God in a loud voice;and he fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked him. 


I recently called PayPal  to ask a question related to my Ebay account.  The customer service representative spoke with an accent.  He was kind, curious, and  helped me with my issue.  He ended the call by saying, "I wish to thank you for all that America has done to help us out!"  I paused for a moment and then asked, "Oh, are you working from the Philippines?"  The man answered, "Yes! I saw 5 huge airplanes from America land on our island full of supplies!  I can't thank-you enough for all the help you've given us!  Americans were the first to arrive to render aid!"  I smiled thinking how proud I am to be an American!  Even though I haven't personally been involved in the relief effort, just knowing that my fellow countrymen are out in the Philippines helping with the clean-up effort makes my heart burst with pride.  Proud that I live in a beautiful country who is prosperous and generous.  Proud to live in the "land of the free" willing to help those devastated by natural disasters in an instant.  We give out humanitarian aid not expecting a word of "Thanks."  We do it out of love for humanity.

Just think of the times Jesus has come to our aid but we don't recognize it.  It's time we say a "Thank-you, Jesus!" next time something happens positive in our life.

-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment