Monday, February 17, 2014

A Confession from Interior Darkness

I've started writing poetry whenever I feel sad, lonely, and insecure.  After praying my rosary yesterday afternoon, I was inspired to write the following verses.  Maybe some readers can relate.

A Confession from  Interior Darkness (An Original Poem)


Dear God, please forgive me;
For what I have done.
I've treated people badly;
With instincts to run.
Run away from guilt;
For the harm that I've caused.
I'm so ashamed of myself;
I wish I had paused.
To think before I acted;
Been kind, merciful, and loving.
But instead I behaved wrongly;
Not at all becoming;
Of a woman created in your image;
Your likeness and your love.
I desire to correct my sins;
With guidance from above.

I pray to you, My Dear Lord.
Wipe away this jealousy;
That haunts my mind and heart;
And stirs up animosity.
I wish I was younger;
More attractive, smart and devout.
I see this in others;
And then I begin to doubt.

Why was I born?
What's my purpose on earth?
Nobody seems to notice me;
What am I worth?
Am I a precious emerald;
Prized for its rarity?
Or am I a fake gemstone;
 Only worth a penny?

You see beauty in me, Lord
Why do I see ugliness?
I know you love me, Lord.
Why do I feel worthless?
I pray for the courage
To tackle my insecurities;
I pray for a positive attitude;
That will change my priorities.

No longer do I drown
In self pity and shame.
Lift the heaviest cloud;
Dragging me down in pain.
Most of my inner thoughts
Keep me feeling low;
But the gentle Words of God;
Begin a radiant glow;
Warming my heart, soothing my mind;
Greatly infused with love;
Love so healing and so perfect.
It impossible to unplug.

This light so bright;
It gives me hope;
This light so bright;
I can cope!
No more  darkness;
to ruin my soul;
Christ is present;
I'm never alone.

-J.

1 comment: