Saturday, November 16, 2013

Praying Always

Saturday of the Thirty-Second Week in Ordinary Time

Gospel of Luke 18:1-8

Jesus told his disciples a parable about the necessity for them to pray always without becoming weary....

Work has been incredibly busy these past two weeks.  My boss is on maternity leave.  I've been assigned some of her routine tasks.  I feel a little overwhelmed!  The work itself isn't difficult it's just something new involving leadership skills.  I think God has presented me with a terrific opportunity to show upper management my true potential.  I often feel under-utilized and bored, so I'm taking this opportunity with diligence. 

Will I be able to gather all of the required information for my report?  Will I be able to speak over a conference call and make sense?  Can I effectively handle some of the more difficult personalities?  Will I make a good impression?  I'm scared to death I will fail and fail hard!

I feel the necessity to pray especially at challenging times.  Even though I feel weary from a long work day, I know spending a few moments with Jesus, even if it's through my blog meditations, helps release anxiety.  How comforting to know Our Lord listens to my concerns, blessing me with intellect and resilience.  I'm good at my job.  Lack of confidence is my downfall most of the time.

How can I build up more self-confidence so I can be a more effective leader?  Through persistent prayer!

I find it difficult to set time out of the day for prayer.  But, I think it's essential for my own sanity.  Reading scripture or saying a decade of the rosary brings about the much needed peace that I crave.  Sometimes my mind becomes occupied with negative thoughts.  I ruminate about criticisms and doubts.  I easily complain and quick to take offense.  I can avoid so much of these weaknesses through prayer.  Prayer along with regular use of the Sacraments nourishes not only my soul but my mental and physical health.

-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment