Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Inside Out and Upside Down



This is the time of the year when busy becomes the number one word in my vocabulary.  Every time I sit down to post a meditation, something pulls me away.  At my house,  I recently discovered swarming termites near my fence line.  The Orkin Man wanted to charge me $1300 for full home protection with a $200 annual renewal plan.  No signs of termites in the house so I'm opting for termite spray around the railroad ties. A $8 can of spray from Home Depot will work as a temporary fix until I can get a new fence....Then, this weekend my dishwasher went out.  No more loud motor, just dead silent.  Now I'm resorting to hand washing dishes. Let's just say I'm eating simple meals that don't involve a lot of pots and pans.

Work has me stressed out, ready to run away to a private island somewhere.  So much stuff to do with difficult people to work with.  Not only difficult but some downright clueless.  I put on a smile and move on despite splitting headaches and gastro intestinal issues.  I pray every single morning for God to give me the strength to survive work and the challenges it brings.  Some days are smooth sailing while others are upsetting.  I hope to start a 54 day novena for career change.  It's been long in need...

Inside out and upside down -  That's what life feels like most of the time.  My stomach twists inside out when I read the news about another racial infused riot, a Christian beheading, a child abduction, or a mass shooting.  My head turns upside down in total confusion when I watch the stock market go up and down with conflicting financial reports.  Is the increase dollar good or bad?  Is the housing market moving at a good pace?  Will I have enough to retire some day so I don't have to continue to work?

Inside outs and upside downs can cause total meltdowns.  We are sick of our crap jobs.  We are tired of our whining spouse and ungrateful children.  We're fed up with telemarketers calling us  to sell us services we don't need.  We're angry at how the media sensationalizes every news story to the point of making us distraught.  We're no longer aware of others suffering around us. We are so involved with our own problems that we don't recognize the inside outs/upside downs affecting the poor, the sick, the foreigner, and the loner.  Total meltdowns occur when the stress of everything gets out of control.  We sense God is near, but where?  We smell the perfumed roses from our Blessed Mother , but where is she hiding?  Our stomachs are gutted; our hearts are turned over in our chests; and our mind is twisted in helplessness.  Our body is slowly sinking into nothingness as the meltdown slowly eats away at our souls...

Pray, pray, pray!  Don't allow inside outs and upside downs ruin our lives.  Our crosses are meant to spiritually strengthen us.  Be aware of the atrocities around the world make us more equipped in  new evangelization efforts. As Catholic Christians, we see a huge need to help others in bad situations.  Of course, we must first remain strong and pull ourselves out of our own struggles in order to better serve.  It's amazing how we can become beautiful witnesses to others just from sharing our own personal experiences.  

Inside outs and upside downs are a part of life, and God is in full control.  Give Him the full reigns!

-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment