Thursday, April 16, 2015

Through God's Eyes

Thursday of the Second Week of Easter

Gospel of John 3:31-36

The one who comes from above is above all.  The one who is of earth is earthly and speaks of earthy things.  But the one who comes from heaven is above all.  




God knows every intricate detail of our lives:  our strengths and weaknesses; our virtues and vices; our wishes and disappointments. It's as if he possesses a telescopic lense or a heavenly GPS system constantly watching over us.  He's genuinely interested in our existence.  He does everything in his almighty power to provide us with the spiritual tools necessary to do well in this life in preparation for an even BETTER life in Heaven!  God's infinite love for us escapes reasoning.  His passion for his beloved humans defies logic.  Faith is the key to understanding Our Lord as well as trust that He always provides for us.

My own spiritual journey has blossomed over the course of the last five years.  I've never felt closer to the Lord than I do at this stage of my life.  Yes, I've struggled through a lot of emotional turmoil, especially over the past year.  However, if it wasn't for my strong faith and devotion to God I think I'd be in much worse shape.  

I think the turning point of my life happened back in August 2011 when I lost my job.  It was probably one of the most traumatic experiences of my life.  It is only now in 2015 I've been able to get past the ill effects.  I know God has put in a much better place.  I sometimes wish I was a tad bit more successful career wise.  However, I've realized that a high dollar salary doesn't guarantee happiness, and it definitely doesn't guarantee a "get out of purgatory free" card.  I'm striving on the path toward heaven but I'm not a saint.  I realize I will need quite a bit of purging to rid myself of the lingering filth of sin still clinging to my soul.  

I often wonder what it would be like to have the heart of a natural saint.  A person who is always joyful and at peace.  Someone who never gossips, says bad things of others, and who sees everyone as a child of God.  This is something I strive to be one day.

Through God's eyes, all people are beautiful.
Through God's eyes, all people are forgiven of their sins over and over again.
Through God's eyes, all people are equal - no person is "better" than another.
Through God's eyes, those who have done wrong will receive justice.
Through God's eyes, love conquers all.  

-J.






No comments:

Post a Comment