Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day of Prayer for the Unborn Child

Wednesday of the Second Week in Ordinary Time
Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children (USA)


Gospel of Mark 3:1-6

Jesus entered the synagogue.  There was a man there who had a withered hand. They watched Jesus closely
to see if he would cure him on the sabbath so that they might accuse him. He said to the man with the withered hand, “Come up here before us.” Then he said to the Pharisees, “Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath rather than to do evil, to save life rather than to destroy it?” But they remained silent.

An original Pro-Life poem dedicated to A Day of Prayer for the Unborn Child:

When I think of a beautiful baby's birth;
I praise The Lord for the new life on earth.
Children are precious and so full of joy;
They deserve protection, warmth and love.

I'm sadden when a woman throws away a gift;
As if a ragged doll no one plays with.
Abortion appears as the only good solution
Life will return normal, but what a delusion!
A woman quickly mourns her precious lost child;
And feels guilty for a death seemly mild.
It wasn't yet a baby, only of lump of tissue.
The doctor told her to rest, don't complicate the issue.
The pain will go away, everything will be fine.
Except the nightmares worsen, the agony won't subside!
The woman thinks, "Oh no! What have I done?"
"I thought I'd be happy but now I want my son!"
"To hold and to nurse and to cherish as part of me."
"I'm so lost in misery, regret what was meant to be."
"I, a blessed mother who desired to make ends meet. "
"If only I chose the pro-life option I believed so inconvenient!"
"The abortion clinic promised me everything would be good."
"Why, then, do I feel so alone and misunderstood?"
"I wish I'd listened to my inner voice - don't go through with it."
"What a tragic mistake, something I will never forget."
"God, please forgive me, for killing my precious child!"

Let us pray for the success of the Pro-Life movement;
To save mothers and their wombs from tragic enslavement,
The false sense of freedom the abortion industry promotes;
Won't live forever as people discover the truth;
The culture of death hurts ,but the culture of life heals.
Thanks be to the God: Pro-lifers flourish with zeal!
Bringing love and compassion to every woman and child;
Never forgetting their needs, their value, and their worth;
As precious children of God!

-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment