Monday, September 15, 2014

Spiritual Snippet -- Fear of the Unknown (An Original Poem)




I lie awake at night;
With sweat tickling my face.
I worry about my life;
And what I will embrace.

Will I live to be old?
Will I always be alone?
Is there a chance at eternal happiness;
With the Lord of Heaven above?

I fear what lies ahead;
Uncertain of God's plan.
I think things are fine;
For now, I hope and pray.
 I'm not ready for crosses;
I cannot bear alone. 
I know Jesus is up there;
Will he hear my cries and moans?

I'm not always thrilled;
With the way life turns out.
I know I should feel blessed;
Instead I pity and pout.
Thinking woes is me;
Life is stinky and bad.
Not much to offer;
Why am I alive and sad?

Sad I don't have this; 
Resenting people with that;
Ill at ease with sentiment;
Doomed to fall flat.

Christ is the answer; 
I accept this welcoming truth;
Because I love Him so;
No need to hide and sleuth.

The Lord watches over me;
He knows my every move.
He understands my fears;
He does not disapprove.
But instead forgives and forgets;
The wrong I have done.
He loves me unconditionally;
He sees a pretty woman.
Created with a purpose; 
To share my gifts and talents.

Push away the fear;
Don't  guess God's plan.
Live in the present;
Keep Christ close at heart;
With a mighty Amen.

-J.


No comments:

Post a Comment