Thursday, September 18, 2014

Montserrat Retreat (Day One) - I Put My Trust In You, Lord!



"He is my comfort and my refuge.  In him I put my trust." (Psalm 91:2)


 
This past weekend I attended a silent retreat at Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House in Lake Dallas, TX.  I kept a journal throughout the retreat, making notes of feelings and senses.   This is the first post in a series of four.   All of the photos were taken on site.  I hope you find my thoughts insightful.  Blessings, - J.


Journal Entry:  Thursday, September 18, 2014 9pm CST

After a busy day testing colour samples at work, I finally made it to Montserrat!  Looking forward to three days of silence.  I locked up my cell phone in the car.  No checking email or Blogger!  I'm using "Christian Prayer" for the Liturgy of the Hours.  I really want to "get into the groove" so to speak and work on my prayer structure as a future Lay Dominican (morning and evening Divine Office, a rosary, and daily mass.)  I get lax a lot with so many other things I decide to do instead!

The evening prayer Antiphon I (Week IV) for today really resonates with me:  "He is my comfort and my refuge.  In him I put my trust."  Perhaps this should be a theme for my retreat:  I put my trust in the Lord.  Amen.

"If you hunger for holiness, God will satisfy your longing, good measuring, and flowing over." (Evening prayer Canticle of Mary Antiphon)

"Lord, it is your will that men use their minds to unlock nature's secrets and master the world." (Evening Prayer Intercessions)

A quick journal entry for this evening.  Plan to write more tomorrow morning.

Thank you, Jesus, for this special solo time with YOU!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment