Monday, February 23, 2015

Lenten Haikus - Part II


 

Pray without ceasing:
Stretch the mind - open the heart,
Never give up hope.




Fasting to fullness:
Like dryness in the desert,
Cleansing water for the soul.




Almsgiving changes:
Enriching heart mind and soul
Feeding with mercy.






A Wintry Day Poem 

Wintry mix and frigid chill
Early blossoms spent and ill
Blooming too soon, Nature not through,
Blanketing earth icicles of dew.
Snow and frost stay for now,
Dreary the air, many more clouds.

Darkness of winter, stubbornness of light
Cold seeps through, taking over night.
Where's God's warmth? Where's Christ's fire?
Where's the spark of holy most desire?

All I feel is coldness; All I want is wholeness
All I feel is sadness; All I want is gladness
All I feel is rejection; All I want is admiration
To be loved, to be held, to be cherished, and to Be 
Treated as a precious human being. 

Jesus is the one and only!


-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment