Saturday, October 10, 2015

All Settled In


The historic "Red Moon" over my new apartment hidden through the clouds.


Week two at my new apartment.  Finally settled in and enjoying my new life, I look forward to the experiences that lie ahead.  In fact, my new sofa gets delivered today.  I can't wait for puppy and I to snuggle on top of the plush microfiber while watching tonight's episode of "Ghost Adventures."

I've traveled through murky waters these past four years.  Everything from job loss to chronic anxiety to financial strain due to endless home and car repairs.  I feel like finally the black heavy clouds of burden have been lifted!

I sit here in my apartment, relaxing with a cup of Trader Joe's French Roast coffee. Delizioso!  I have so much to be thankful for:  the sell of my home, a new apartment close to work, a new car, good health and more free time to do fun things.  No more long commute or mowing the lawn.  No more sleepless nights wondering when the next thing will break on the house or my old car.  Best of all, my precious little dachshund benefits, too, with lunches with mommy and more walks.

I am experiencing what I like to call a positive wave.  During such a wave of blessings, I still manage to run into one hiccup or two.  More annoying than serious, it directs my attention back toward God and away from my own selfishness.  He sends me a reminder to pay attention as I test my ability to remain calm and mature.

This week I have been annoyed by the barking dog across the street and my negative co-worker who tells me daily how she wishes the company would go out of business or get sold.  What?!  We have internal difficulties like any other organization.  Why not think of keeping the place in business? Having been unemployed for a brief few weeks, my current job is very important to me and it should be important to my coworker, too.

The real wammy hit Friday afternoon when I got a call from my realtor.  She received an email from the home buyer agent.  Evidently the buyer paid $285 to fix the air compressor that would not turn on after she got back from a long vacation.  Some wires were loose in the attic and she suggested it was my fault.  I told my realtor the AC functioned normal when I still lived there.  It passed a home owner inspection!  How dare this person try to fish me out, expecting me to pay for her expense!
  
Fortunately, with the positive wave of blessings in full effect, my realtor revealed the buyer originally declined the home warranty that I made available to her as a courtesy.  She did not use my AC service company who installed the system.  Plus, she turned the entire air conditioner OFF for nearly two weeks without allowing it to run on the auto efficiency setting. The compressor not working is my fault?! Sorry.  We closed on the house September 29th and now the buyer is legally bound to repairs. I am free and clear!

I pray this is the last I hear from the home buyer.  I hate to say this but she leaves a bad taste in my mouth!  I left her with a full size washer and dryer along with a refrigerator.  I think I've accomodated her enough. Sigh...Some people are just never satisfied.

Breath positive!  Think about baby Jesus and Our Blessed mother.  Think about those who are without a home.  Pray for those who really struggle with serious issues.

-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment