Saturday, September 26, 2015

God's Measurement

Zec 2:5-9, 14-15A  

Saturday of the Twenty-Fifth Week in Ordinary Time




I, Zechariah, raised my eyes and looked: there was a man with a measuring line in his hand. I asked, “Where are you going?” He answered, “To measure Jerusalem, to see how great is its width and how great its length.” Then the angel who spoke with me advanced, and another angel came out to meet him and said to him, “Run, tell this to that young man: People will live in Jerusalem as though in open country, because of the multitude of men and beasts in her midst. But I will be for her an encircling wall of fire, says the LORD, and I will be the glory in her midst.”


It's officially moving weekend.  Everything I own is carefully boxed up ready to truck over to the other side of town.  I will miss my cute little house located in such a quiet and nice neighborhood.  However, I realize good things come to an end. I feel such huge relief knowing I will no longer have to worry about home repairs and increased property taxes.  When I close on the home sale this coming Tuesday, I will have a fully stocked emergency fund.

I cannot take the credit for everything good happening in my life.  God blesses me beyond measure!  His holy will  allows me to experience  another life transition.  With every change comes along growth.  This growth can measure a few milimeters, several inches, a few yards, or miles and miles long.  Sometimes the growth measures height wise.  The more we grow in our faith and devotion to God the closer we reach heaven!

God is good.  God is great!  I should never worry that he will not help me in times of crisis, support me in everyday life, and bless me with his love and grace.  


(Dear Readers, I hope to get back on my regular blogging schedule very soon.  The moving and closing has my time strapped until the end of this coming week.  Stay tuned!)

-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment