Friday, May 1, 2015

Wisdom from Dominican Saints



The last week of April is very special for Dominicans all over the world as we celebrate the feast days of  St. Louis de Montfort (April 28th), St. Catherine of Siena (April 29th) and St. Pope Pius V (April 30th). I always love to publish inspiring quotes on this blog, so here are a few to meditate on during the month of May (dedicated to Our Blessed Mother)! 


   

"You are the salt of the earth! You are the light of the world! See to it that the people are edified by your example, by the purity of your lives, by the moderation of your conduct, and the brilliance of your holiness! God does not ask of you mere ordinary virtue. He demands downright perfection!"

-Saint Pope Pius V to the cardinals
  




"Everything was made by me, and without me nothing can exist.  Therefore, if it is beauty you want, I am beauty.  If you want goodness, I am goodness for I am supremely good.  I am wisdom.  I am kind; I am compassionate; I am the just and merciful God.  I am generous, not miserly.  I give to those who ask of me, open to those who knock the truth, and answer those who call out to me.  I am not ungrateful but  grateful and mindful  to reward  those who  will toil with me, for the  glory and praise of my name.  I am joyful, and I keep the soul who clothes herself  in my will in supreme joy.  I am that supreme providence who never betrays my servants' hope in me in soul or body. "

- From Saint Catherine of Siena's "The Dialogue" (God's answer about Divine Providence)






Have you strayed from the path leading to heaven? Then call on Mary, for her name means "Star of the Sea, the North Star which guides the ships of our souls during the voyage of this life," and she will guide you to the harbor of eternal salvation.” 

Saint Louis-Marie Grignion de Montfort, The Secret Of The Rosary



No comments:

Post a Comment