Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Resurrected from the Past


Summer 2017 has arrived and as my life settles down just a wee little bit I got to thinking about this blog.  Boy, has my life changed since August 2016 when I last penned a post.  I thought it would be nice to resurrect my blog, adding a few reflections as the Holy Spirit moves me.

In the past year, I have entered a new career in healthcare.  My very good income and absence of maintaining a house allows me to travel more.  In 18 months I have traveled to Rome, Vatican City, and even the Holy Land.  Just last month I was blessed to participate in a mission, helping the people of Piura, Peru rebuild from the devastating floods that hit the city this past Spring.  Despite their immense poverty, the Pervuvian people have a joyfulness and faithfulness.  I will share some of my stories from this incredible trip.

I celebrate my accomplishments  as well as learn from many mistakes.  (Speeding through a school zone on driver's auto pilot is a costly no no!) I've e experienced times of misunderstanding, selfishness, and even anger.  Life is hard.  Life is a challenge.  Life is worth living even as I go through the highs and the lows.  I know I would never have grown into the mature woman of today if it wasn't for my closeness to Our Lord and Our Blessed Mother. 

I have taken a long sabbatical away from my Lay Dominican commitments.  I found my life transitions were a bit overwhelming and needed time to discern my vocation.  I am pleased to say thay I am now back to following the rule as a Lay Dominican to the best of my abilities. 

 Now that I have traveled to pilgrimage sites and participated in mission work I understand the importance of evangelization.  What better way to share the Word than returning to the blogsphere?  It is nice to be back to the writing that I love.

-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment