Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Snow White as a Leper

Tuesday of the Eighteenth Week in Ordinary Time

Numbers 12:1-13


So angry was the LORD against them that when he departed, and the cloud withdrew from the tent, there was Miriam, a snow-white leper! When Aaron turned and saw her a leper, he said to Moses,
“Ah, my lord! Please do not charge us with the sin that we have foolishly committed! Let her not thus be like the stillborn babe that comes forth from its mother’s womb with its flesh half consumed.” Then Moses cried to the LORD, “Please, not this! Pray, heal her!”

Sadly, nothing shocks me anymore.....

Back in bible times, hearing the story about Miriam turning into a snow-white leper for acting against God would've frightened people.  Yet, for today it's just strange and odd; not anything as gruesome as what we see on social media and news websites.

My coworker told us last Friday that our boss will be out of commission and we will have to continue projects on our own.  She seem to be holding a secret.  I figured it was something personal.  However, the news didn't really phase me since I'm used to my boss working from from home most of the time,  handling conference calls and "fighting fires" as she likes to call it.  Well, today she told me that she is pregnant again.  This time with twins.  She first joined our company pregnant two years ago.  So, now we get to repeat the maternity leave, but this time with a possibility of bed rest since it may become a high risk pregnancy.  I am happy for my boss' news from a pro-life perspective.  I'm happy she did not chose to terminate the unexpected pregnancy.  However, I cannot help but be concerned from a business perspective.  We are a very small team with not many resources, and we don't have a strong back up manager.  So, for the next few months will be a challenge.  I pray to God that we will pull through.....

In the meantime, maybe by some miracle I can find a new job, one with better pay and less drama. God speed, please!

I think today's scripture reading from the Book of Numbers is quite eery in light of The Center of Medical Progress release of video number four of Planned Parenthood Exposed.  The passage alludes to the image of a stillborn child with the flesh half consumed from the mother's womb.  Wow....

Watching the video this afternoon, I nearly threw up all over myself seeing a frozen fetus being picked apart.  It's eyes, liver, neural tissues, and a severed leg manipulated on a large dish.  The workers in these videos acted like it was all no big deal.  They talk about baby parts and gestation stages with so little concern.  It's all part of the job.  When at the end of the video, the Director of Research and a technician at a large PP clinic in Texas said, "Oh, some of the other Texas affiliates are saying what we are doing is illegal." I was appalled...What if a mom who just aborted at 22 weeks and discovered that was her dead baby picked apart and crushed into fragments for "medical research"?  I cannot imagine the nightmares, the tears, and the remorse

Eventually, God healed Miram.  He didn't allow his anger to brew for a long time.  We know God also heals the women who've undergone abortions.  He heals those who work in the abortion industry.  He allows the Truth to be revealed slowly but surely.  As I wrote earlier this week, God willing, Planned Parenthood will go down.  

Keep praying for a greater respect for all human life.  Keep praying for an end to the evil of the abortion industry.  Keep praying for a conversion of hearts to Christ!

-J.






No comments:

Post a Comment