Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Rainbow of Remembrance


I am sunk in the abysmal swamp where there is no foothold; I have reached the watery depths; the flood overwhelms me.  But I pray to you, O LORD, for the time of your favor, O God!  In your great kindness answer me with your constant help.  -Psalms 69

I endure a rather lengthy commute to work.  With all of the driving I observe many interesting every day occurrences.  Today I saw the most beautiful rainbow!  The last couple of days have been rainy and cooler.  Very out of the ordinary for mid July in North Texas.  As I observed the rainbow's brilliant colors and wide range it reminded me of the story of Noah's Arc. A rainbow created to signify God's promise never to destroy the earth by water again.....

Sometimes I feel like I am drowning in a flood of sin, shame, and "pity me" parties.  I wonder why I can't be more successful.  I wonder why I am still single, never married without children.  I challenge God asking him, "Why did you create me?  How am I supposed to better serve you?"  Sometimes I imagine myself in the ocean swimming for dear life, struggling to keep my head above water as waves crash around me.  Then I see a beautiful rainbow in the sky as an oasis begins to form.  I see relief!  A savior at last!  All of those beautiful colors of the rainbow shining in the sky as if God is telling me : "I am here to help you!  Do not be afraid.  Do not feel lonely.  Do not feel like you are not worthy.  I promise to always be there with you to guide you along.  Things in life happen according to my plan.  They may not seem very exciting right now but you will understand their purpose in the future.  Keep faith alive. Look to the colors of the rainbow as a symbol of my enduring love for you."

-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment