Saturday, June 11, 2011

A New Online Journey

For quite some time now, I've desired to write a blog detailing my spiritual journey as a Catholic Christian. My road has been an interesting yet challenging one. I've experienced ups and downs like so many out there. Yet, I always turn to the beautiful sacraments of the Church for help. Our Lord present in the Holy Eucharist provides me the sustainance to persevere and accept my own personal crosses.....

I'm a convert to Catholicism, entering the Church through the R.C.I.A. program at the Easter Vigil 1998.  I  attribute my interest in the Catholic Church to my sorority "Big Sister" at Texas A&M University.  Melanie, now living in Chicago with her husband, is a very devout Catholic of the Eastern Rite.  Even though she makes the sign of the cross on her left instead of the right and observes some of the Holy Feasts at different times of the liturgical year, she still to this day provides me with the spiritual inspiration to continue my Catholic journey.  Leaving the Southern Baptist and Methodist Protestant Faiths was one of the greatest conversions I've ever undergone in my lifetime!  My Protestant family to this day is very accepting of my faith even though they do not always understand why "us Catholics" do what we do and believe what we believe.

I'm looking forward to sharing my views and insights on my sacred space....

-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment