Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Life's Dramatic Changes (Intro)

Hallway leading to the Sistine Chapel @ The Vatican Museum 


I have been waiting for several weeks now to return to my blog.  Ever since my beautiful trip to Rome, my life has dramatically changed!  The blessings the Lord has granted me are incredible.  As one of my old high school friends recently commented on my Facebook page, "You have the best life! You go, girl, go!"

I never imagined a year ago my life would turn in such a positive direction.  Seems like ever since I sold my house, life has gotten better.  Perhaps my mind is clearer and I am beginning to think of situations in new found light.  Let go and let God.  Hand things over to him and just go with the flow.
 
When one thing crashes, burns or goes nowhere I have learned to accept it however painful. Yes, there are tears and complaints.  Maybe I just don't understand why things could go so wrong.  I thought the death of my old dog was the worst thing to ever happen in my life.  I thought I'd be stuck in a dead end job the rest of my life.  I thought I'd be drowned in financial worry, bringing me into an early grave.  Yet, despite the hardships I did not lose complete hope.  I kept praying, meditating, and looking for subtle signs from God....
Our Lord finally answered my prayers and in ways I never thought of. 

My trip to Rome was amazing.  I did not have time to write like I originally planned.  Instead, I explored every inch of the city by foot.  Sore feet, arms, shoulders...my body felt like a train wreck.  But with so much to see in a short period of time I dealt with the aches and pains.

My favorite parts of my trip included visiting Palatine Hill, the Roman Forum, and the Colosseum.  The Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, and Gallery Borghese were so amazing I am at a loss for words.  Photographs just do not capture the essence of being in the museum presence!
As part of the Year of Mercy, I walked through the Holy Doors of each papal basilica.  I even attended an evening Friday mass at the St. John Lateran Basilica with the Archbishop of Rome preciding the liturgy.

I will post more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment